Job Title: Patient Services Representative
Work Schedule: M-Sat rotating • 40 Hrs/Week (flex plan available)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Homer (See Job Requirements for Required Travel)
Provide administrative support and perform general office functions in SVT Health & Wellness.
Coordinate and direct patient registration, scheduling and cashiering. Provide superior customer
Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet patients and visitors. Determine their needs and direct them accordingly.
• Complete check in/check out and patient registration process. Update patient files and
accounts as necessary.
• Maintain strict confidentiality for all clients and their families in conformity with HIPAA
regulations. Protect the security of all patient medical and dental records to ensure that
confidentiality is maintained following HIPAA and PPI regulations as outlined in SVTHW
policy and procedures.
• Responsible for compliance with ICWA and Mandatory Reporting laws.
• Schedule patients and manage schedule/patient flow for Providers.
• Collect patient fees, issue receipts, count and balance daily till.
• Possess and utilize professional telephone techniques. Answer telephone, handle and
direct calls appropriately.
• Explain office policies, procedures and programs to patients.
• Assist patients in gathering data and completion of forms and applications.
• Maintain medical record system, patient files, scanning of records, copying and faxing of
records or information as directed. Prepare appropriate forms for patient visits as needed.
• Attend scheduled meetings and trainings to update and enhance skills related to medical
and dental office administrative, billing and coding functions.
• Possess ability to work cooperatively and productively in a team environment and enjoy
working within a fast paced health and wellness care setting.
• Familiarize and maintain working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance,
PPOs and private pay accounts.
• Open and close medical reception office as directed. Secure cabinets and doors after
• Serve on SVTHW committee as requested. At times, may be asked to chair or co-chair a
• Perform other tasks as required by SVTHW Director or Supervisor.
• Timely, sensitive and clear communication is essential to the success of this position.
Must possess ability to constantly and politely communicate verbally and in written form,
with people of varying backgrounds and cultures.
• Reliability – regular, consistent and on-time attendance is critical to the success of this
• Ability to both accept and follow direction from others, as well as self-motivate when
• Team Player - Ability to work in a team environment
• Computer Skills - Proficient to advanced operational knowledge of a computer, keyboard,
and other office equipment. Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel amd word processing,
and database programs. Practice Management Software and Electronic Health Record
experience strongly preferred.
• Excellent people skills a must – customer service skills such as patience, attentiveness,
use of Positive Language, ability to “read” patients, a calming presence, and ability to
handle surprises are all essential to the success of this position.
• Cash handling skills and ability to count money, required.
• Basic understanding of anatomy preferred.
• Medical/dental terminology knowledge, preferred.
Education: High School Diploma or GED, Required.
Experience: 1+ Years Clinical or Customer Service Equivalent, Required.
Certifications/Licensure: CPR – Provided by Employer
Travel: Travel between Homer, Seldovia, and Anchor Point. Travel may be by car, boat,
or plane. Travel is conducted as day-trips but inclement weather may make
overnight stays necessary. Travel may occur up to 7 days per week
This job requires the ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), Hazmat Mask, Ear and
Eye Protection, and disposable gloves as necessary or applicable. Annual TB Testing is
provided by Seldovia Village Tribe to employees. This job requires prolonged sitting and
Seldovia Village Tribe is a drug-free, alcohol-free, and tobacco-free work environment. An
individual in this position may be exposed to communicable diseases or hazards common to a
healthcare setting, including but not limited to needle stick wounds, chemicals, and tuberculosis.
Background check and fingerprinting required for all employees. Preemployment, random, and
scheduled drug-testing will occur